Plantation-style duplex accommodation, reminiscent of the colonial era with high vaulted ceilings, provides a feeling of spaciousness and rustic elegance. Called “bures” (pronounced boo-reys – the Fijian word for house), they are fully air-conditioned, set amongst lush tropical gardens, and with many only a few lazy steps from the beach and waters edge and with full or partial ocean views.
There are only 46 bures in five different categories including 10 Island Bures, 18 Oceanview Bures, 12 Deluxe Oceanview Bures, 4 Family Bures and 2 Tadra Beach Bures for couples/adults only.
All Island, Oceanview and Deluxe Oceanview Bures have a king bed and two single beds, ideal for a family of four or a couple. The Family Bures can sleep up to 7 people, whilst the Tadra Beach Bures have a 4-poster king bed and two daybeds.
- Sumptuous king-sized bed
- Daybeds which convert to single beds (2 in all Bures except the Family Bures which have 3)
- En-suite bathroom with shower
- Separate lounge/sitting area
- Plunger coffee and tea
- Ceiling fans
- Window screens
- Blinds and curtains
- Double Wardrobes
- Outdoor verandah with furniture
- Pure Fiji bathroom amenities
- Beach towels
- Hair dryer
- Room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Evening turn-down service
- 220/240 volt electricity supply
- Port-a-cots supplied free of charge on request
However, we purposely don’t have many of the “mod-cons” people are used to ie phones, TV, radio and internet. At Malolo, the idea is you disconnect to reconnect.
Please note: we are unable to guarantee bure numbers and/or locations.